"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One!

Okay, I started this post over a month ago, but I've obviously been quite lazy about blogging of late, so I'm forcing myself to finish it, thereafter to take another blogging sabatical, and you can all read all about Christmas sometime around Valentine's Day. ;)

Lily's first birthday was on the 14th (of November), and we celebrated in grand style. We made a new play area for her in the office and she enjoyed playing with her new Little People sets.













We went to the airport later that morning to pick up Adam's sister, Ashley, who had flown in just for the occassion. We went to a kid's play cafe for lunch and Lily had a blast!





The birthday hat didn't go so well--she kept pulling it off and finally the elastic band snapped and whipped her just under her eye, poor kid. I managed to snap these prior to the near blinding incident.



















Lily had a mountain of birthday presents to go through. Ufortunately she was not up to the challenge and got rather distracted by whatever she had just opened to go onto the next gift, so we had to help her a good deal.














And finally the cake! The pictures say it all.

Happy Birthday Lily!

3 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Finally!! So cute. I can't believe her poor cake ended up on the floor. I love messy first birthday cake pictures!! What a fun day!

Bryan and Ashley said...

I was just waiting for this post! Love the cake mess! What a cutie! And ps you look great! Please tell me I will look normal when my kid is a year old. :)

Ken and Meag said...

Adam! Hey Second Cuz! I'm happy I found your blog, looks like y'all are doing well, glad to see that! Lily is just adorable!