"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ready for bed


After a few harrowing days and nights of little to no sleep, we found that swaddling Lily tightly helps her to sleep better. We read a book on colic, crying and sleeping that instructed us on how to do a very tight swaddle. It even mentioned that one couple would tape the blanket, once their baby was swaddled, to prevent it from coming loose. We tried it and it worked great. Lily's nightly ritual now is to get her diaper changed, swaddle her, tape her in, eat, then go to bed. It was about 3 a.m. when I tried it for the first time--Adam, who had been sleeping, was a little confused when he saw me standing over Lily, with a strip of packing tape in hand.

5 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Oh my goodness! That is hilarious! Very ingenious. I'm glad you found something that is helping you both get some sleep and by the way, she just keeps getting cuter and cuter.

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

That is so funny--I'll have to remember that next time:). That's such a great picture:). She is so cute. I hope you have many more nights of a bit more sleep!

Shippe said...

Ok Tiffany(and Adam!)....you have the cutest little girl ever! I wish she was back in Provo so you could bring her down to the health center!!

Jenna and Steve said...

She is so cute tiffany! that is what all of my brothers have done with their children as well.

Bryan and Ashley said...

Tiff that is hilarious!!! I'll have to remember that when my impossibly long nights start! We want more Lily pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!