"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

2 weeks old!


Lily is officially 2 weeks old today--she just had her 2 week check and the doctor said she looks great. It's been an interesting 2 weeks, that is for sure. We've been getting used to the baby's schedule which consists mostly of eating and sleeping, though she manages to get in some good crying time each day--usually when I want to go to bed. :) Adam says she's definitely my daughter because she likes to take mid-morning naps--one of my favorite past times. That's actually when she does her best sleeping, which means that's when I get my best sleep. We were happy to have Adam's family drive up from Virginia to visit us for the Thanksgiving holiday, and we had a lot of fun. Adam went back to work yesterday and I was a little apprehensive at first, but Lily and I did fine. Below is one of Adam's favorite pictures--this is what we call her "Rocky stretch". She will raise on or both of her arms with her hands in little fists to stretch, and then she gets what we call the "Jimmy arm", where she jimmies or shakes her fist around mid-stretch. It's so cute. Anyway, I happened to get this picture just at the right moment as she was waking up from a nap (and yes, she is in her carseat--below you will see the sleeping arrangement that we've found works best for her).

6 comments:

Jenna and Steve said...

Hey Tifffany, This is Jenna from the Health Center. Lily is SO cute! I am so happy for you! I love that you have her in the car seat! So funny. Anyway, congrats and we miss her here at the good ol' health center!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Oh, she is adorable. Glad to have an update:). I love the carseat--we did the same thing, however I never took a picture, darnit! I love the flailing arms! So cute and you snagged the picture at just the right time!

Bryan and Ashley said...

Oh Tiff she is soooooo adorable! I love all her hair! That picture is hilarious--I'm sure Adam is so proud! :)

The Allen Family said...

Wow, she is beautiful. I love her hair!!

Sarah said...

she's completely adorable!!

Kelli and Dana said...

Tiffany she's soooooo cute! I think you guys made one beautiful baby! Congrats!