"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Friday, November 9, 2007

Adam's 26th Birthday Celebration!

Well, it was kind of a spur of the moment decision, but Adam decided he wanted to celebrate his birthday today. His birthday is actually the 17th--a week from Saturday--but since we are hoping to have a baby by then, we might be otherwise engaged and decided that today works as well as any other day. He picked Red Lobster for his birthday dinner and we stuffed ourselves--it was great! He got this huge shellfish platter--lobster, King crab legs, several kinds of shrimp and a baked potato. I opted for the Atlantic salmon--blackened with cajun spices (yum!), broccoli and a baked potato. We also pigged out on their cheese biscuits--I need to find a copy cat recipe for those. We could barely walk out of the restaurant, we were so full. Initially I didn't plan on letting him open his birthday presents, because I figured he can open them just as easily at the hospital on his actual birthday, if that ends up being the case, but then I changed my mind. He really wanted to open them tonight, so I caved. He put all of our wrapping paper and gift bags in the attic last week, so I ended up putting his presents in baby gift bags and wrapping them in tissue paper from some of the baby's shower gifts.
Adam got a 3-disc collection of Queen's Greatest Hits, a CD visor for the car, a new set of razor heads for his electric razor (which still has the original blades from when he was a junior in high school!!), some brown socks to go with his new blue suit (can't have a birthday without a pair of socks), and then he got the DVD for The Jungle Book and some money from my parents (Dad, I'm sure that comes as a surprise to you).







































I made a chocolate cheesecake for him with raspberry sauce (it looks kind of like blood in this picture). We didn't have any birthday candles, sadly, so I lit a soy, peach-scented candle and had him make a wish. Happy Birthday Adam!


4 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Happy Birthday Adam!

Whitney said...

Tiff! I have a blog, so check it out when you get a chance...whitneyandkyle.blogspot.com. can i get your recipe for the cheesecake, it looks AMAZING! You look great pregnant and I am excited for you!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Happy belated Birthday, Adam. He he, my kids are older than you (but no grandchildren yet.) Congratulations on the bean being born.

I'm not in facebook. But I wouldn't mind joining.

Biker Buddy works at the GM tech center.

Mary

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

OK, so I joined Facebook, but I have no idea how to find your Detroit group--but you have my name so, maybe you could invite me. I'm BRAND NEW at this.