"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Please, sir, may I have some more?

Well, we've had some interesting fare at the Denison household lately. We have tried experimenting with making two types of soup, but neither turned out like we thought they would.

Black Bean Soup



Looks good doesn't it? Ok, maybe not, but this one was actually really good. Tiffany just got a little carried away with the pureeing. I felt a lot like a child in an early 1900s English orphanage. I couldn't help but quote the famous line from Oliver Twist as I ate this: "Please, sir, may I have some more?

Homemade Cream of Broccoli Soup


Remember that show on Nickelodeon called "You Can't Do That on Television"? Yeah, this soup reminded me alot of the slime from that show. Neither Tiffany nor I were very fond of this soup, so I made a quick dash for a Hot-N-Ready pizza from Little Caesars. We felt alot like the family in this commercial as we a tried to eat the soup.

2 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Yum, I love black bean soup! Super yummy. The broccoli soup looks like pesto sauce:).

The Allen Family said...

Alvey, don't tell me you are really cooking dinner already!! Gosh, you must be wonder woman! Amazing.