"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Sunday, November 4, 2007

I can't believe I ate the whole thing


My mom keeps telling me that I need to have Adam take some pictures of me now that I am full term with my pregnancy, so I thought I would post a few. As you can see, I'm pretty darn big. There's nothing but baby there, and I'm hoping she wants to come a week early. My bishop's wife told me that you know you're finally ready to have the baby once you would give anything to just not be pregnant anymore--I've officially reached that point. I've mastered the pregnancy waddle (you know how sumo wrestlers crouch and rock from side to side before rushing at their opponent--that's kind of how I imagine I look when I walk) and my maternity clothes have reached their limit--they can stretch no further. It's a never ending struggle to keep my pants up and my shirt down, needless to say, I don't got out much. As nice as it will be to have the baby here and to have my body back to myself, I must confess I am not looking forward to the "bread dough" stomach I've been told I can anticipate. My sister describes it as a big lump of skin that you'll pretty much be able to knead--lovely imagery, don't you agree? This last picture is the "artistic" pregnancy picture. Adam actually took this the day I finished working on the nursery.
I've receieved quite a variety of comments on how I look. My dad says I'm as big as a house (that was when I was 6 1/2 months pregnant--wonder what he'd say now?). About a month ago, another man--a complete stranger, mind you--asked me how far along I was and was shocked to hear I still had a month left. He then proceeded to ask me if I was carrying twins. And just in case he felt he hadn't got his point across how freakishly large I was, he then asked if all of my babies had been this big. I quickly informed him this was my first. I think he finally realized that he was only adding insult to injury and ceased fire. On the other hand, I've had 3 or 4 women come up to me at the grocery store to tell me how good I look and how well my weight is distrubited in carrying the baby. Either way, I feel huge and am really hoping this kid wants to hustle up and get here.

1 comment:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

That is the COOLEST picture of you in the nursery, just your shadow! That is so cute! You look so so cute Alvey, I can't believe that man! People say the rudest things. I had an aunt (who of course has never had children) tell me I looked ready to pop any day when I was 7 months pregnant with Carson, but most women were very nice and said I looked small. I felt huge though. Anyways, you look great and I'm so excited for you!!!