"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Feasting on the Words of Christ

Somehow I don't think this is quite what Nephi had in mind. This afternoon I left Lily in the living room with some toys and put on a DVD for her to watch so I could clean up the kitchen. She was having a great time, laughing, squealing, and so forth. I noticed after a while she was no longer sitting up, but laying on her stomach. I could only see her legs because the Love Sac was blocking my view. Normally she gets mad when she's on her tummy, but she seemed to be fine, so I didn't think anything of it. Then after 5-10 minutes I began to wonder what was keeping her occupied so intently. I walked over to find she had gotten hold of my Ensign and had wrinkled, shredded, slobbered all over, and eaten (apparently) the first page of Elder Bednar's talk.
For shame! Does this look like the face of one who is remorseful for what they have done? I didn't think so either.

7 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

So CUTE! I was just thinking the other day about how my kids used to do that to my Ensigns and how nice it is to leave them laying around wherever I want--she is so cute!!!

Abbie said...

Oh my gosh, that is so adorable! Of course, I'm sure I won't think that when it's my own daughter tearing up my Ensigns. You are so funny though! I think she might have a smidgen of remorse... maybe...

Amberdawn said...

How funny! At least she wasn't "feasting" on your scriptures. Kenneth is not so religious, he prefers the taste of receipts. (but only the ones that Daddy hasn't entered into the budget worksheet yet) Yum, Yum!

Tiffany Turley said...

Ha ha ha! I absolutely love that the title of your blog is "Feasting on the words"... that is so clever! Your little Lily is such a doll! I bet it's hard to get upset when she looks as cute as she does! :)

Ronnie said...

Are the words of Christ fattening?

I think they only fatten your testimony and well being. Way to go Lily.

The Allen Family said...

She is SO dang cute! Seriously. I think I'm going to start whispering to Peyton while he's sleeping that "Lily is the girl of your dreams". :) And yea, Ensigns are a very attractive chew toy for my boys too. I can usually tell what months I didn't read the Ensign very much because it doesn't have drool or rips or is crinkled.

Bryan and Ashley said...

Hahahahaha! Tiff--you ALWAYS make me laugh. I love this post! This girl is going to have so much personality between you and Adam!