"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day '08

Sunday marked my first official mother's day--I say official because we kind of celebrated it last year since I was pregnant at the time. Overall, it was a pretty good day. The whole weekend was actually quite nice. On Saturday I went to the Detroit Institute of Arts (by myself!) to see a special exhibit. It was one of my birthday gifts from Adam--a day to myself to go to the museum. I'm not sure if that was because he was being thoughtful or that he just didn't want to go. Let me tell you, it was amazing--I spent a couple of hours perusing some incredible paintings. One of the highlights was part of the museum's permanent collection--an enormous mural by Diego River, housed in a large room called the Rivera Court. It was just overwhelming to see. I can't describe how huge this thing is--here's a picture so you can get a glimpse of its scale.
Moving on--later that afternoon, Adam, Lily and I went to the park and threw the Frisbee around--Lily didn't participate so much in that--she just chilled and watched us for about half an hour. I must say that Adam's Frisbee throwing ability has improved quite a bit over the years. Sunday was cold and rainy, alas, but it was still quite nice. Lily surprised me with a wonderful gift--a good night of sleep (which is the same thing she gave me last Christmas, but I'll take it). Adam gave me cold, hard cash to spend on whatever I wanted (mainly because I tell him something new I want every other day so he had no idea which thing to get), and the double CD set of Ghostbusters I and II (kind of an inside joke)--what a great husband. He also had sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers on Friday.
On Sunday he took care of Lily all day at church and that afternoon so I could just sit back and relax. You might note that Lily has become much more photogenic when having her picture taken. She gets very excited and just smiles as soon as we whip out the camera (which happens quite a bit around here).




7 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Yea! An update:). I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. You look beautiful, and so does Lily:).

Tiffany Turley said...

I love all your pictures! You really do look fabulous, and I love your short hair! Little Lily is beautiful, just like her mom. Glad you finally gave us an update -- it's great to hear what's going on with you! Love ya girl! :)

The Allen Family said...

What cute pictures!! How do you get Adam to take so many pictures? Do you make him or does he just love taking picture of his beautiful girls. :) (I could probably count on one hand the number of pictures Seth has taken.) I love the pictures of Lily with her sunglasses! And what a sweet daughter to give you another wonderful present.

MyKelle J said...

You look so cute!!! I love your hair! What a nice mothers day too!

Ronnie said...

Thanks for the pictures and the narrative. I know you are an awesome mother. We love to see baby Lily Mae. Love to Adam and the baby.

Manda Panda said...

Hey Dennison Fam! This is Amanda, Beth's sister. Just wanted to say hi. You have a beautiful family. Lily is absolutely precious...what a little doll!

Britta said...

Oooo i like Diego Rivera, he was my favorite hispanic artist in my Spanish and Latin American history class. I would like to see one of his murals someday.