"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Friday, September 12, 2008

Man cannot live on chocolate alone; but woman sure can

Lily passed one of life's major milestones this week--her first taste of chocolate. That this event even occurred in the manner that it did is either proof of my inferior supervision or a result of fate. I prefer to believe the latter--yes, the cacao gods were watching over us that day. While Lily was taking her nap, I sat down on the couch with my book and a bag of chocolate chips. "So, it was that kind of day, was it, Tiff?" was Adam's smart response when I told him the story later that night. No! I only had a small handful of chocolate chips--probably no more than 15, so don't go imagining things. Anyway, in a moment of forgetfulness, I failed to put the chocolate chips away and left them on the couch. Well, after Lily had woken up, I went to check my email while she played in the living room. After a while, I noticed how quiet it was--never a good sign. I walked back into the room to see the Hersheys bag on the floor and chocolate chips strewn everywhere. Lily, of course, was stuffing her grubby little face with fistfuls of them! I grabbed the bag, cleaned up the mess and managed to find the humor in the situation as I wiped all of the chocolate off her chin. I think her belly looks sufficiently full in this shot. I dare say she savored every morsel.

8 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Ahhh... that is hilarious! Wait til she opens the fridge and starts dumping and smashing eggs all over the floor. (That wasn't one of my boys, just the girl I was babysitting.)

Bryan and Ashley said...

Please tell me my child will be this entertaining! She is so great! I'm sure your commentary doesn't hurt anything either!:)

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

How wonderful that she's finally had chocolate--how did you keep it from her for so long? When I babysat two extra kids for 10 hours just once a week last winter, I had to make sure I had a chocolate stash to keep me sane throughout the day! It's the best.

Amberdawn said...

What a tummy!!! So adorable. How could you sit with a bag of chocolate chips and eat only 15? I figure I'd have the bag gone by the time baby's nap was over. It's good she's been properly introduced to chocolate and has mastered the skill of eating as much as you can, as fast as you can, before someone else gets it!

Unknown said...

I FINALLY have a blog! Woo hoo! Lily is a mess! She takes after Aunt Ashley. Give her a big kiss for me and tell her I'll see her for her birthday! Love you guys!

Alvey family said...

My kind of girl!! If it makes you feel better, one of Ethan's first words was "Chocolate!"

Jenna and Steve said...

That is so cute. I am sure that my kids will love chocolate as much as I do as well.

Shellee said...

Your such a good mom! We LOVE chocolate M&M's in our house, Haylee had chocolate a long time ago, I'm a Bad momma.