"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Autumn Activities

Fall has come and gone in Michigan--or at least it sure feels like it has. Just a couple of weeks ago the leaves were at their peak colors, the sun was warm, and the air was refreshingly brisk. Now the bitter chill of winter has set in (hopefully only temporarily, but I'm not holding my breath). Inspite of this, I have been thoroughly enjoying autumn. We're making the most of what Michigan has to offer--for example, apple orchards and cider mills are abundant in this party of the country, so Lily and I have visited a couple of them. Let me tell you, cider donuts are pretty tasty. A couple of weeks ago we went to one orchard that also had a pumpkin patch as well as a huge play area and a petting zoo.
A friend of mine from my mission, Lynne Johnson, came out to visit us for a week, so we had a lot of fun visiting some beautiful sights and taking in all of the fall colors. Now that it's absolutely freezing, I guess that means it's time for Halloween. I'll try to be a bit more prompt posting pictures of Lily in her costume lest I am forced to endure more "friendly reminders" that several of you have been so kind in bestowing. :)

5 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Alvey, you look so great! Cute pictures, and thank you for satisfying my need for an Alvey Update:).

The Allen Family said...

How fun! I love fall time. I only wish it could last so much longer. I've never heard of that kind of donuts, but just by the fact that it's a donut I'd probably love it. Thanks for finally updating us.

Amberdawn said...

Is that sister Johnson from Olathe? Cute pictures, I love pumpkin patches!

Shari Baker said...

SO excited for an update! I can't believe Sister J came all the way to Michigan to see you. You must still be a favorite even after all these years. I love the fall and am sad to see it leaving so quickly. Michigan will probably be something like a Missouri/Kansas winter. FREEZING! I still laugh at the pictures we took of us tracting in the snow. I loved the mission.

Aimee Garber said...

Your little one is so stinkin' cute! :-)