"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our DIY Project

Okay, maybe assembling some nightstands from IKEA isn't the most challenging do-it-yourself project, but it's about as complicated a project as it's going to get at our house for now. After a long day of running a errands on Saturday, Adam and I went to work putting together the night stands we had purchased. They were very much needed because up until this point I had been using a couple of plastic storage bins stacked on each other as a make-shift nightstand, and poor Adam went from using an overturned diaper box to nothing. Thankfully IKEA has nice, easy-to-follow directions, for the most part. It didn't take too long to assemble them, and it made me feel pretty handy.

Me, hard at work.
Adam, hard at work.
The finished project.
As for Lily--she tried her hand at helping (translation: hindering), and gave us (translation: me) a fright when we couldn't find a screw and thought she might have swallowed it. Luckily we later found where she had stashed it in the living room where she had been playing.

4 comments:

Aimee Garber said...

Lily is so cute!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Ha ha! That picture of Adam is funny--did you do the plumber's butt on purpose I hope? Hee hee. I'm so glad to see a post--the nightstands look so cute! I love IKEA, but hate going there with my kids, so I can't go often at all. I did just go yesterday though! I'm doing a little bit in our room and the downstairs room...not a ton, but enough to make me happy:)! Love you Alvs!

Amberdawn said...

Hahahhah! Okay that picture of Adam is sooo funny. He let you post that? Dang, I have one of Danni like that, he'd kill me if I posted it. Your nightstands turned out lovely! I'm glad Lily didn't eat the screw! I have been waiting for days for Kenneth to "pass" the marble I swore he ate, thankfully today I found the marble. wheew! Oh and I didn't find it in the diaper, I found it under brothers bed!

The Allen Family said...

I can't believe Adam let you post that picture! That is hilarious! Very cute nightstands. And glad Lily didn't swallow the screw - loved your description of that. :)