"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Do-It-Yourself Cupcake Stand

Ever since I went to California in June and experienced the bliss of a Sprinkles cupcake, I've been wanting to bake some of my own. Naturally, I will also need a cupcake stand to showcase them. I didn't really like any of the ones I saw online and didn't want to fork over $20 or more, so lucky for me I found some websites that showed how to make your own for a lot cheaper. My favorite was this site that used painted terra cotta pots and platters: http://www.oncewed.com/7598/diy/diy-wedding-cupcake-stand/. Here's how mine turned out.



7 comments:

Shari Baker said...

Wow, I have to say that I'm impressed. Between making your own jewelry and now cupcake stands you've got me beat! That is super cute and doesn't look too difficult. Maybe one of these days when I'm feeling mighty ambitious I could try that out. Nice work!

The Allen Family said...

Wow Alvey! That is REALLY impressive! Is it kind of heavy? Either way, that is great! How are the cupcakes? And I love the new background and pics at the top. Very cute!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

SO cute! I love it! Plus, I love your new blog look.

Mauren said...

So cute! I'm really impressed - great idea!

Alvey family said...

Very sheek! I love it! When do you have us again for Christmas? Really you should sell them!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

So um, I think you are pregnant or something. You've fallen off the face of the earth which usually means only one thing...either you have, or you have morning sickness. Do tell:).

Jennie said...

Ooooh! I'm so loving this idea! Thanks! I had no idea you had a blog until I was browsing through my food blog and found a comment that you made last September and just read it today! Miss you guys!