"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Lily's Blessing


This weekend was great because Lily was blessed and we both were able to have family come for it. Adam and I were anxious that she would be a screamer (because she does that so well), but she did a great job. In fact Adam's dad said she was smiling through the whole blessing. I gave my dad the pacifier as he was getting up just in case things took a turn for the worse. Adam gave her a beautiful blessing--it was a good day. She looked so cute in her little dress and bonnet--she kind of looks like a Puritan or something.


It was her debut at church as well, and she did okay through the Sacrament, but after that I had to continuously entertain her with a variety of bounces, swings and constantly changing positions to keep her happy. She was pretty fussy during all of Sunday School so Adam and I traded off walking her around the halls. She finally slept for the last half hour of Relief Society. I think this is just a shade of things to come. She was kind of ticked off and ready for a good, long nap by the time we got home from church, as is evident in our picture with her.

5 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

You look great Alvey! She is so cute. I'm glad you got to see your family:). Neither of my boys ever liked to sleep in church--I was always staring longingly at those napping babies thinking what the heck was I doing wrong??? Hopefully she'll start sleeping more there--it's hard!!!
On a side note: You have brick in your kitchen??? I am so jealous!

The Allen Family said...

She does look very cute. And the bonnet seems like a very 'Alvey' thing to do. :) How adorable. I'm glad she was calm and smiley during it all. How appropriate. She must have sensed something special going on. And yes, spending church out in the halls will pretty much become the norm. That's nice you already realize that. And just when you think she's starting to behave long enough for you to sit during an entire class she becomes mobile and you'll be chasing her in the halls.

Bryan and Ashley said...

Oh Lily looks so pretty in her blessing dress! Your stories crack me up--I can't wait to have my own! And I just have to say this again the "Real Lily Denison" post still makes me laugh every time I see it!

Sarah said...

i'll say it just like everyone else. aw, cute! i love lily's dress. did someone in your family make it?

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

yes, my mom made Lily's blessing gown