"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Meatball Sub Night


So two Sundays ago Adam had to work at the International North American Auto Show all day. Lily and I went to church and got home around 3 p.m. I was starving because I hadn't had anything to eat before church so I wanted something quick to fix. We have some frozen turkey meatballs from Costco (we got suckered into buying them by the sample ladies), and I had just bought a loaf of French bread, so I decided to make a meatball sub. It was sooooo good! I think I talked about how good it was on the phone with Adam that night for like 5 minutes. Well, this last Sunday Adam voted for meatball subs for dinner since I had been talking about it all week. This picture actually makes it look absolutely disgusting (some might think that regardless...) but I assure you it was great. I made them kind of big because we weren't having anything else with them, and Adam couldn't believe I would actually make something like that for him to eat--I'm usually trying to force vegetables and stuff down him. I don't think he minded the change--of course now we have to eat salads for the rest of the week. :)

4 comments:

Adam Denison said...

Tiff, you told me you were going to post the picture of you with meatball sub all over your face! I fear this blog is starting to become a place for you post pictures of your husband looking like an idiot!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Great picture:). You made me hungry--I have some Walmart meatballs in the freezer, but turkey ones sound better to me at this point. The picture didn't look bad, I just didn't know what it was at first!

The Allen Family said...

Well, it may not look gross, but it certainly doesn't look appetizing. :) I'm glad they were delicious. Gosh, you and Christie make me feel so bad for not cooking enough. I don't even cook every Sunday when Seth is home, but if he weren't home I would be having a bowl of cereal. Really I should be inspired by you...

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Well Alvey, I admit--the more I look at this picture, the more I think it looks non-appetizing. So, hurry up and blog again:).