"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Dad and Bean: Mortal Enemies Forever?

I should mention that Lily is still referred to by Adam and I as "Bean", which we started calling her when she looked like this (it should be obvious why--we haven't been able to move past it). It's got to the point where I need to consciously make an effort to call her Lily.


Anyway, there are a lot of little quibs that Adam says to her over and over again, such as, "What a good baby!" (usually in a baby voice), and "I'm not going to lie--this is a pretty cute kid." One of his favorites, however, which I assume came about due to the stress of adjusting to life with a frequently fussy baby is, "Bean and Dad...mortal enemies forever." It is, of course, the exact opposite of my frequent expression, "Bean and Mom...friends forever." Then again I do get to spend all day wit her when she's cute and playful, while Adam often gets the nightime fussiness of a baby who's ready to be put to bed. I had noticed, a couple of weeks ago that she was starting to get a lot more smiley during the day. I kept telling Adam this, but he never saw the evidence of it because it usually takes place in the afternoon. Then, one Sunday during Sacrament Meeting, she started a smiling, cooing and laughing-fest. Adam was enamored--he just couldn't believe it. As Lily continues to mature (she's just shy of 3 months), she gets less fussy and more friendly. The other day when Adam was holding her he started his rant, "Bean and Dad...." to which I quickly interjected, "...friends forever." He agreed, so it looks like they are friends...for now. I decided I would post some of the cute pictures of the two of them together. I keep telling Adam that we only have pictures of him with Lily--probably because I'm always the one behind the camera--pretty much everything she does I deem picture worty--it's like an endless photoshoot at our house.

Adam's first pictures with Lily

















This is Adam's idea of taking care of the baby



Twins

Bathtime

3 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Ahhh.... how adoarble. I'm glad to hear they are friends forever now, rather than mortal enemies. And Alvey, I must say, you need to write a book or something. You have an incredible way of writing things.

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

So cute! I love the pictures, and the little comments you make. I remember Seth (Dezi's Seth) asking Dillon and I if Carson's real name was "Little Buddy" cause that's all we called him.

Bryan and Ashley said...

They really do look so much alike!!! Mortal enemies--I love it! :)