"It takes a heap 'o livin' in a house t' make it a home" -Edgar A. Guest

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tagged

It was bound to happen eventually. There are so many of these tags going around, I can't keep them all straight--this is the first time I've seen this one, though, so here goes:

What is your husband's name?
Adam (isn't he handsome?)















How long have you been together?

married for 1 1/2 years



















How long did you date?
We dated for 6 months, got engaged, and were married 3 months later.















Who eats more?
Usually Adam, but I think I surpassed him while I was pregnant

Who said "I love you" first.
Ha! Definitely Adam! We had only been dating for 2 weeks, so I was taken aback by the suddenness of it. And I'll just tell you my oh-so-clever-reply, because I know he'll just post a comment if I don't. No, I didn't say "I love you" back, but rather stammered as I replied "Ummm...I think I may be feeling something similar..." What can I say? I'm nothing if not eloquent.

Who asked who out first?
Adam asked me out after I dazzled him at Family Home Evening one night.

Who has more speeding tickets?
Um, we may have the same number--I recently received my first ever speeding ticket, which I'm still really ticked about!

Who is smarter?
it depends on the subject. (I am)

Who is more sensitive?
we're probably equally sensitive--if the question was 'Who is more emotional?', then it would be me, but only since the pregnancy

When there is a fight, who usually wins?
I can hold my own in a wrestling match, but I assume this question refers more to arguments rather than coming to physical blows. I guess I'm one of those saps who thinks no one wins in a fight, but if you mean who is usually right? Me. :)















Who does the laundry?
Me.

Who does the dishes?
Both of us--Adam usually clears up the table after dinner and will wash up.

Who sleeps on the right?
From the viewpoint of laying on the bed, Adam sleeps on the right side

Who pays the bills?
Adam

Who mows the lawn?
Adam

Who cooks dinner?
Me

Who drives when you are together?

We alternate who drives

Who is more stubborn?
Uh, I don't know. I don't think either of us is exceptionally stubborn

Who kissed whom first?
Adam--we had just watched Rocky IV at my apartment in honor of Dolph Lundgren's (aka Ivan Drago aka the Russian) 48th birthday. My roommates made themselves scarce (kind of--my roommate Elizabeth was getting ready for bed when she realized what was going on and tried to slip into her room unnoticed). :)

Who proposed.
Again, Adam. Almost everything he had planned went wrong. The ring, which we were having custom made, almost was barely finished on time (he proposed on our 6 month anniversary), the spot he had planned on doing it at had to be changed because of rain, and my roommates, who were helping him, didn't get his text messages to go and set things up until we were already on our way to the spot! It all worked out though--he took me to a park in Orem I liked and had a pavilion set up with a hundred tea lights and some Calla lilies (my favorite flower) and asked me. He surprised me with the ring, which he had been lying to me about for weeks, saying it was going to be a lot longer until it was finished, much to my angst, so I slapped him around a little when I saw he had had it that whole time and had fabricated the whole thing!

Who has more siblings?
Me, by 1

The End.

I'll just throw in a quick summary of our Valentines Day. Adam surprised me with some beautiful calla lilies and some Godiva chocolate truffles. Then we (meaning the three of us) went out for sushi. We were kind of nervous to take Lily out to eat with us because the last time we attempted it she screamed the whole time--she was an angel this time, so it was fantastic! We also stopped at the library to pick up a copy of Somewhere in Time to watch--Adam says it is pretty much the worst movie ever made, and reinforced his opinion of it by mocking it all the way through. It was a pretty low-key Valentines Day, but it was fun.


6 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Very cool Alvey, I loved your repsonses, especially to "Who is smarter?" I'm so glad Lily was good for you guys to go out, even if you did have sushi (gross!).

Adam Denison said...

Ok, this little survey thingy is not completely accurate. Let me elaborate. Ahem:

Who asked who out first?
Yes, I asked her out first, but she was the one smitten with me at FHE. I was just trying to fill my weekly date quota.

Who is smarter?
Me.

Who does the laundry?
I do my fair share

Who cooks dinner?
Granted, Tiff's the one who does it most of the time, but I cook too. I cooked quite a bit while she was pregnant!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Those were fun. Is sushi really that good? I've been hearing all sorts of things on it lately! I have to agree with Adam on the movie--soooooooo cheesy! I don't know why but I just rolled my eyes almost the whole time! Sorry, it's true:). I'm so glad that you had a great Valentine's date!

Alvey family said...

It was fun learning more about you and Adam! My favorite answer was when he told you he loved you and what your response was. Also, I love Adam's comments to your answers. I think if he really believes he does laundry and cooking like he says he does then you should let him do a little more. He does seem pretty proud of it!

Also, in response to your comments on my blog - I do have the Cafe Rio salad recipe for the pork, rice and dressing. In fact I was just telling Natalie I think it would be fun to make those at our house with everyone when you come out over conference weekend. It makes so much and is easy for people to potluck all the salad toppings. What do you think?

Well, I wish you many more good restaurant moments with Lily. I'll have to get some good sushi restaurant ordering tips from you. Then again, can you imagine Bret at a shushi bar?

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

How fun! Memes can be fun and informational too.

Maverick--my post today is actually the downtown area of Grosse Pointe Farms, which is right adjacent to Detroit just off I94, you can walk here from Detroit. I often do, it's about a 15-20 minute walk from Detroit. I figure if you live in Detroit and can WALK somewhere on your own two feet, you ought to be able to include it.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I LOVE sushi! mmmmm